Dr. Brian H. Weeks, M.D
Otolaryngology/Head-Neck Oncology & Reconstruction/Skull Base Surgery
At the Senta Medical Clinic, Dr. Brian Weeks specializes in diseases of the ear, nose, throat, as well as tumors of the head and neck region, including thyroid, parathyroid, and skull base tumors. He has advanced specialty training in endoscopic sinus surgery, and is a national/international leader in balloon sinuplasty surgery. Additionally, Dr. Week has expertise in minimally invasive surgeries of the head and neck, as well as head and neck reconstruction. His role in reconstruction of the head and neck includes management of skin cancers, facial defects and blemishes, and cosmetic imperfections. He also provides extensive knowledge in skin care, facial peels, and facial care products.
Brian H. Weeks, MD, was born in Chicago, IL, and grew up in San Diego, CA. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Physiology, with emphasis in Neurosciences, in 1992, as an Honors graduate of the UCSD. He completed his Medical School at The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, earning his Doctorate of Medicine in 1996. Doctor Brian Weeks completed his Otolaryngology / Head and Neck Surgery training at The Baylor College of Medicine in The Bobby R. Alford Department of Otolaryngology and Communicative Sciences in Houston, TX in 2002. His training included intensive clinical work at The Ben Taub General Hospital, The Methodist Hospital, St. Lukes Episcopal Hospital and Texas Children’s Hospital. He also completed extensive training at The MD Anderson Cancer Center, in the division of Head and Neck Oncologic Surgery. During his training, he completed a 6-month research fellowship in the Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, studying the biologic behavior of skin cancers, and how and why they develop.
Dr. Brian Weeks is board-certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology/ Head and Neck Surgery & a candidate member of the American College of Surgeons. He is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology/ Head & Neck Surgery and the American Academy of Facial Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery. He is also an active member of the San Diego Society of Otolaryngology/ Head & Neck Surgery. He has authored or presented numerous scientific works focused on head and neck tumors, skull base disorders, and head & neck reconstruction. He is actively involved in technology advances in the field of head and neck surgery, and serves as an expert consultant and advisor for numerous medical device companies. He also serves as a consultant for numerous professional musicians and recording artists, as well as professional athletes in a variety of sports.
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, 1997-Present
- American Academy of Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, 1997-Present
- American College of Surgeons, Candidate Member, 2001
- North American Skull Base Society, Candidate Member, 2001
- Galens Medical Society, 1992-Present
Professional Certification & Courses
- Diplomate, American Board of Otolaryngology, Board Certification, 2003
- California Medical License, 2001
- Comprehensive Thyroplasty Course, Baylor College of Medicine, 2001
- AO-Synthes Comprehensive Craniofacial Plating Course, Baylor
- College of Medicine, 1997, 1998 & 2000
- Temporal Bone Dissection Course, Baylor College of Medicine, 1997 & 2000
- Laser (CO2, YAG) Safety Certification, Baylor College of Medicine, 1997
- Otolaryngology Basic Science Course, Baylor College of Medicine, 1997
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), 1996